Tag: oviedo kindermusik
While we strongly encourage the children who attend our classes to show their parents respect, we couldn’t ignore the fact that this kid has his priorities straight!
It’s time to register for classes. We start SOON! Fall classes begin the first week in September.
We can’t wait to have you join us!
As kids are returning to school and our classes are about to head back to session, how about spending some time documenting your kiddos. Consider taking pictures that you will cherish, without the struggle and posing that normally accompanies picture taking. How you ask? Simple. Capture your kids doing what they do naturally. Those are the pictures you will love, and that will be most memorable. Unlike the “I’m attempting to smile Mom, but my face looks like I’m growling instead” pictures. We all know those, right?
When our Kindermusik photographer Rachel V visits a studio class, she focuses on the things we don’t. Things like the way your child’s face lights up when the parachute comes out, or how excited they are to choose their own movement during the class hello ritual. Most importantly, when they look at you and see your love for them written all over your face! Those are the moments you’ll cherish forever. Not the picture of your kid standing next to a wall saying “cheese”.
And so, Grow and Sing Studios’ Ms. Leslie and Ms. Holly have some simple tricks to turn your point and shoot camera into your best friend.
1. Turn your flash OFF. Flash distorts natural color. Leslie’s favorite room to snap pictures in is the playroom. It has huge double doors to outside that lets in tons of natural light. Rachel V captured this picture in their playroom on the floor! By far the Watson’s favorite picture of their kids!
Photo courtesy of rachelvphotography.com
2. Try to avoid interrupting your child’s play. Allow them to go about their business, and you’ll capture some gems. Try to take the pictures on their level and snap while they aren’t paying attention to you.
Pardon the mess, We were camping and C found pine cones!
- Document time passage. For the younger kiddos, these stickers below for their shirts are so much fun! For the older kids, consider an annual “survey ritual” like this one. Fill out the survey, and save with a picture in an album each year!
4. Natural settings create beautiful memories. Whether it’s the beach, the mountains, a walk down the street or a bike ride, when a child is fully engaged in their surroundings or activity, you can’t go wrong. Ms. Holly loves capturing her family as they take evening strolls, or play at the beach. Rachel V of course captures those moments in class.
5. Have fun with FUN apps! If you are taking pictures from your phone, there are some really fun apps you can use to tweak or customize your photo. You may want to try Instagram which has fun filters and frames. If you want to create a collage or grid, try Photo Grid, or PhotoFunia. Oh the fun you can have!
Most importantly, take pictures, print some and back them up on a jump drive to keep somewhere safe in case your computer takes a hit!
Classes start the first week in September!
Content contributed by Ms. Leslie and Ms. Holly, both of whom are mommies of 2, and always snapping away!
What!!? No Kindermusik for a whole month? We know, a scary thought! What are you going to do to occupy your tots mind you ask? Have no fear, Grow and Sing Studios is here! During class breaks and even on a normal week, one of our amazing teachers, Ms. Leslie, has a 3 year old who loves to be busy, learn and explore the world around us. Ms. Leslie has shared 5 fool proof fun ideas you can do at home to have some fun together (other than listen to Kindermusik songs)! So here’s a mix of indoor and outdoor activities this Kindermusik educating momma loves!
1. Two words : Shaving cream!
We did this on a hot summer day with friends. We filled bowls with shaving cream, painted the slide and let the ids go crazy! Your local dollar store sells Barbasol, be sure NOT to get menthol! Keep a towel and a bucket ready for hand washes and eye wipes! Turn the sprinkler on to wash off! Need more help with this check out GrowingaJeweledRose‘s post or MoldstadMemories on shaving cream fun!
2. Make homemade Playdough together
Playdough is super easy to make at home. Cooking with kids teaches so many important things like following directions, step by step planning, measuring, gross and fine motor skills and reading! Best of all, it keeps in the fridge for a long time! Here’s a recipe I use:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon oil
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Food coloring by drops
1. Combine all ingredients in a pan and stir. Cook over low heat, stirring until a ball forms.
2. Add food coloring and mix thoroughly until desired color.
3. Cool on foil. Store in covered container.
3. Bubbles and a Bubble Snake Maker!
Bubbles and Kindermusik are synonymous! I haven’t met a Grow and Sing Studios kiddo who doesn’t love bubbles! This is usually the time of year Target has their summer items including bubbles and bubble makers on clearance! There is also a really cool tutorial here at ComeTogetherKids to make a bubble snake maker! It’s a really easy project using a water bottle and washcloth. Have a competition to see who can blow the longest!!
Photo courtesy of education.more4kids.info
4. Read together!
Something so simple does so much for your little one’s brain! Just 20 minutes a day, no matter their age, strengthens your relationship, encourages listening and language skills and establishes a strong learning foundation. Part of the fun for kids is being able to hear a story come to life. Books give children a way to use their imaginations unlike television does! When a book is read to you, you picture the book in your own head along with the pictures in the book. TV simply takes the creativity out! Your local library is waiting for you! If you’re unsure what your child will like, stroll around the kids section, normally the librarians leave some fun books out for them! Show your kids how to look on the computer for books in the catalog.
5. Kindermusik Dance Party!
One of our favorite things to do! Put on some tunes and shake the sillies out! Head on over to http://play.kindermusik.com (Kindermusik’s e-music website) and find some new favorites! Some fun songs to check out are Windshield Wiper Dance, Put your Left Paw in, Hey Lolly and whatever else your feeling! Be silly and have fun with your kids!
See you soon!
Posted by Ms. Leslie, Licensed Kindermusik Educator and mommy of 2 who is ready to shake her sillies out